The Junior Product Owner is responsible for bringing product strategy to life in a meaningful and measurable way. You will ensure that business and end-user goals are represented in the day-to-day administration of the product design and development within an Agile Scrum environment.
In this role, you will assist in the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle of our Events and Mobile Library Catalog products. Working closely with senior level stakeholders, product and UX designers, and the product engineering team, you will translate the product roadmap into releasable software by synthesizing business requirements, capturing customer needs, and encapsulating these into user stories as part of the agile product development process. You will help the team to stay focused, to clearly understand the goals of the features, and to ultimately feel successful in the outcome of their work.
You will work in an environment that requires communication and openness to continuously improve the product’s performance, quality and the development team’s success. The role is challenging and rewarding and demands a combination of technical aptitude, organization, leadership, and communication skills.
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders; manage incoming requests from internal and external sources, and communicate roadmap plans and progress; confirm requirements
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and the engineering team to ensure that features and outcomes are well defined and executed. This includes reviewing UX designs and development work.
- Provide development teams with the right context for the goals that the features and stories must meet
- Provide team leadership: encourage ideas and input, allow teams to own their functional areas; maintain a consistent and predictable rhythm for pre-planning
- Report back on the overall product health through regular status meetings updates
- Translate stakeholder requirements into clear product requirements: epics, stories, and acceptance criteria
- Identify areas of concern and opportunities for enhancement within the Product as a whole
- Understand and advocate for the end-user, through reviewing feedback, planning and participating in user research, and reviewing Google Analytics
- Experience in an agile software environment, preferably using JIRA for sprint management
- Technical understanding of web application development and mobile native application development
- Aptitude writing user stories including acceptance criteria
- Strong time management skills: self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven, results-oriented individual focused on execution in a team oriented environment
- Prior exposure to launching a significant new product or feature on a Web-based platform or system
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Prior experience building native or hybrid mobile web applications
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA for agile
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience as an agile product owner (CSPO is a bonus)